10 August 2010

Dutch Open - Monte Cucco

Because we only had four tasks in the Pre Worlds and not so spectacular flying I decided to say on and do the Dutch Open before heading on to Laragne for the Brit Nationals at the end of the month (22-28 August).

Registration on Sunday was heaving with around 80 pilots possibly thinking the same as me! I think this is the largest Dutch Open ever with pilots from 14 nations (so I’m told). It's like a ‘mini’ worlds.

Task 1 was 95km along the ridge (of course). It was pretty rough at times with good climbs. Task 2 was 120km and we are just waiting for the results – think AIR SPACE will be an issue for many today and I will not be surprised if I get a zero score. It was just difficult to get down!



There is an official site blogging the news and results and in English

Other bloggers
Jamie
Kathryn
‘H’ (if you understand Dutch)
Zenya

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So rich, day 2 and lots of talk about penalties and eveyone wondering what the official results might be, and still no official results...
A sectret competition in the airspace?