5 July 2008

Day 9 - Task 7

Task 7 - 107km

Launch - Chabre North
TP1 - Col St Jean
TP2 - La Gauche
TP3 - De Lure
TP4 - Malija
TP5 - Valensole
Goal - Attero Aerodrome Puismoisson

We had our first launch off the north side – 3 groups with 3 separate launches depending on your comp position. I was on the nice chilled out launch on the east end of Chabre. I was the last to take off our launch (my decision) as the north side doesn’t tend to work until later on in the day.

I had a lovely flight and got to goal 13th in after taking the second start. The route took us out of the mountains and into the high plains that are just lavender fields as far as the eye can see with the sweetest smelling thermals you can get.

Conditions were very weak in the flats which I guess suits my kind of flying and the thermals in the mountains were very smooth for a change.
















CHABRE BLOG

The Official Site
2008 Chabre Hang Gliding Open - the Pre-Worlds
COMPETITION BLOG
Other Bloggers
Jamie
Oz Report
Weather and Stuff - links from the Oz Report
Laragne WIND
Laragne SATELLITES
Laragne WEATHER FORECAST

No comments: