1 August 2007

The road to Texas

The train that passed my signal box just as I was about to leave work ~ thanks to my boss Alan for coming in to take over an hour early so I could leave in good time to catch my Channel Tunnel crossing before the m25 became a car park!



A round hot air balloon near the Channel Tunnel.



A fantastic sky on the way down south – this was the view full length of the country. It became bluer the nearer the south coast I got.



The Channel Tunnel train that took me on my journey. Thank God they don’t charge for a big carriage if you have any legal size load on your roof.





My little trolley which I used to carry all my kit – it worked well but was a nightmare on the escalators of which there are many in Frankfurt airport - everything had to be decanted.



Lufthansa were great and didn't even blink when they saw the glider and all arrived safe.

No comments: