9 August 2007

Day 1 - Task 1 - World Championships

Task 1 - 143.3km north – no turnpoints.

Good effort from the Brit team with all six of us in goal.

It was a long hard task today for those of us that took the early start gate – Kevin Carter and myself struggled together for ages!

We stopped on the way back from goal for something to eat in a 'dry county' (no beer!!) and I got talking to a young chick that had ripped jeans on we were instantly acquainted because my ¾ pants were ripped also! After a chat about the worlds and where we were from I sat back at the table with the boys. She then came back and gave me her CD! Carl’s eyes nearly fell out of their sockets, Bruce started to drool and Dave just held his mouth open:-) She is a country and rock singer and a very good one too as we found out on the way back when we listened to the CD. I was a little tired so didn’t think to get a pic - she will probably be coming to Big Spring to check it out so shall get a pic then.

Team GB results:
4 - CW 967
13 - RH 919
22 - DM 898
31 - GW 858
50 - BK 657
53 - RL 635

Check out Jamie's daily goal reports CLICK
Official scoring at the Oz Report CLICK

No comments: