15 June 2008

Day 7 - Task 2 - 100k

Task 100k - 3 turnpoints - flying away from the front - goal field approx 40k away.





The task was set to avoid the warm front with the new height limit but there was a mountain in the way at the start so we all ended up in a big pack trying to get round the corner below the 2200m limit. I must have knocked my camera at the take off so no flying pics today :-(

As I mentioned in my last post - we had 2 brits in goal, Phippsy almost made it but you can ask him why he didn't. Bruce was only 5k short and I had an unpleasant day and was 15k short : It was not at all nice too witness a tumble - My thoughts are with you.

Other Euro's bloggers:
Norwegian Hanggliding
Corinna
Matjaz

Click here - Official website of 16th FAI European Hang Gliding Championships

1 comment:

Jamie Shelden said...

Who tumbled? Is he (she) ok??