19 June 2008

Day 11 - Task 3 - 154km Triangle

All the Brits in goal today with Carl being the fastest and about 5th in. The rest of us were a tad slow to say the least. It was a 154km task round some amazing mountains and lakes with nice smooth glides and some very rough climbs low down.

There were a lot of guys that just missed the goal by metres including Jorg and some of the French team. It’s never nice to miss goal by so little and after 4 hours flying:-(

I must have turned into a “tree hugger” the amount of time I seem to find myself trying to get in them at 7000 feet! I think the reason for low down turbulence has something to do with all the rain we have had mixed in with the valley wind which makes for uneven heating? I don't know.

Tomorrow looks like it may be no good again. We will see. No pictures today due to a bit of a rush to get off launch as I have to rig near the back DHO!


RANDOM PICTURES FROM YESTERDAY........

Oleg and his batten 'bunnies'


Sergy from Aeros


Phippsy or Yeti?





Other Euro's bloggers:
Norwegian Hanggliding
Corinna
Matjaz

Click here - Official website of 16th FAI European Hang Gliding Championships

No comments: