16 May 2011

Italy – Trofeo Montegrappa – April 2011

Shenanigans on take-off as can be seen Wolfi was in serious comp mode

Gordon Rigg recommended the Bassano comp to me (cheers Gordo) and I first went 2 years ago and loved it. Would have gone last year but the timing was not good, you see the comp is always held over the Easter weekend and the weather can only be pre-booked if Easter is late. Yet again we had superb weather this year.

I really enjoyed the competition but have to say I was not in ‘competition’ mode – the desire to race and get there first and take risks was just not on my agenda. Seems that no matter what happens with results I won’t make the Brit team so I thought I might as well take as long as I can in the air and enjoy the flying and get used to my new kit. Maybe the hunger has left me for now, who knows when it will return ……….?


The Brit contingent





This is Madonna Del Buon Volo. Her prayer:
Dear Virgin Mary bless anyone
Who flies and loves to glide
May your holy shield be always
With those in the open sky

1 comment:

aero said...

Thank you dear friend to let me know about Madonna Del Buon volo. May God be always with you.