16 June 2011

Will I? Won't I? ....

...be going to The Worlds ?

So, where do I start? I really thought I would never make it to The Worlds this year – I missed out on one of the original five (scoring) places – there are just too many good Brits and was allocated as 3rd reserve. I thought “no way” will it happen so planned my year without including it in my plans and then …………… slowly 6th and 7th places were offered - I still thought "no way" .... but "yes way" the Brit’s get offered an 8th place and would I like it?

Originally and naively without really looking into the funding I thought there is no way I can a) get the time off and b) afford to go given the fact I’d spent quite a bit already/committed to stuff this year so far.

But after thinking about it and understanding the team funding situation I decided to get in touch with Pete, the Brit Team Manager and ask the question. Can I go?

So, the funding is now sorted – thanks to the Comps Panel & fellow team members for working that out for me. All that is needed now is for The Worlds organisers to say “YES” – apparently we will hear tomorrow night/Saturday morning.

There is lots of speculation out there who has/hasn’t been offered a place – as far as the Brits are concerned the place has been offered and accepted.

Keep everything crossed for me – it will be a pleasure to go back to Monte Cucco, I was there for the Pre-Worlds last year and loved it.

No comments: