19 July 2008

Back in Laragne


After having a week back at home I arrived back in Laragne on Thursday after an eventful trip back.....including being caught speeding and the 90euro on the spot fine is still hurting as I write this…….. A word of warning to all those of you planning the drive here: 1) the Gendarme told me that they were on a mission to catch speeding motorists especially over the French holidays – so keep a look out and 2) the main route in to Laragne will be closed for 2 days as the Tour de France passes through (I think 23rd and 24th).

I have three more competitions in Laragne to look forward to:

Belgium Open – 20th – 26th July
Dutch Open – 27th July – 2 August
And
Brit Nationals –3rd – 9th August

The campsite is absolutely packed to bursting with many non-flying campers - I wonder if they are here for the Tour de France which hits Digne-les-Bains today and may therefore clear out tomorrow?

No comments: